destroying laptop

XxSNIPERxX

banned
Put your OS disk in your CD drive, and restart. When it says:

Press any key to boot from disk... or something like that, press a key, then follow instructions from then on.

i thought that just cleaned the old os of and re installed it?? it doesnt wipe the hard drives does it??

PohTayToez

Murderer! :D

Reformat time dude =) For me, if I reformat my computer, I will notice no difference because I dont store Anything on my computer :D

Battery Explosion?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WeWq6rWzChw

Just Kidding :D

Sweet video, but I wish they would have thrown a bucket of water on it to demonstrate what would happen if you attempt to put it out the wrong way.

As for destroying your laptop, make sure you read the fine print on the warranty. It's called "accidental coverage" for a reason... I don't think they'll replace it if they have reasonable cause to believe that you destroyed it on purpose. I would just turn it on and drop it in the pool, that would make sure that every component is pretty much taken care of, and they have to send you a new one.

usmclawlor

yea ive definetly run the disk bfore and its still f'd up..... i think i need to erase everything or smash it or something

usmclawlor

yea ive read all the fine print and my bro worked for the company and gave me the scoop on how it works..... i just need to know if water is going to destroy it completely so they cant repair it

PohTayToez

Yeah, water damage is pretty much the worse damage you can do... other than fire I guess. It shorts out all the components. If you really want to fry it, you could have it plugged into the AC adapter and drop it in a bucket of water or something. But with water damage I doubt they would even make the slightest attempt at a repair.

usmclawlor

i had it in iraq and i dropped it a few times and i erased some things i probably shoulnt have....it doesnt even play dvd now without skipping

XxSNIPERxX

banned
yea ive read all the fine print and my bro worked for the company and gave me the scoop on how it works..... i just need to know if water is going to destroy it completely so they cant repair it

Take the battery out (doesn't void the warranty), unplug the AC adapter, and wire a wall-socket to the copper contacts that the battery used to touch. GG a real power surge that you don't have to fake.:D

XxSNIPERxX

banned
i just looked it up and the plan covers power surges...... is that copper thing gonna fry it?

yeah 100% mate.. just make sure ur not near the battery when it go's off just incase it sends sparks! also make sure when u do it to firstly tape the wires to the copper teeth then plug the plug into the wall and turn it on. Dont plug it in and then touch it with the exposed wires:)

Last edited: