DHCP Issue!!!

Alt3r3dBeast

So i have an issue with my desktop!

First off all other devices in my home will obtain the correct addresses from DHCP 3 laptops mobile phone etc... but my desktop refuses to obtain one. my nat addresses are supposed to be 192.168.0.***
on my desktop i get crazy addresses like the current one 192.96.175.42!

I have a wireless USB adapter AE2500 linksys. Which i have uninstalled the driver completely and then obtained a new one directly from their site and still nothing.

Another note it does work if i statically assign the address within the correct scope. It also works when i connect to a neighbors unsecured network via DHCP.

I couldn't see how this could be an issue with my router but maybe.

Any help is very appreciated

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Delete all your wireless connections and try setting up to connect to yours again. Sometimes the wireless profile gets corrupt and you just need to delete and set it back up again.

Alt3r3dBeast

I tried to delete it from the network connections within control panel and the option is grayed out i am logged in as admin currently ive deleted connections before idk why this one is not letting me

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried rebooting your router?

Or if you let one of your other devices leases expire can you connect?

Alt3r3dBeast

welp i found the problem.

I use to have my desktop as a media server so i had a static ip assigned via my router and somehow it got messed up in the router and the static ip settings got all messed up.
So i deleted the fixed settings and presto DHCP work haha thanks