Did I make a bad purchase?

claptonman

You could have probably built a better one, but it has a fast enough processor and plenty of RAM. A 650w power supply would be enough, since there's no way your motherboard would be able to SLI two video cards. And I would recommend a corsair, antec, silverstone, seasonic, Pc power and cooling, or XFX brands of power supply.

you made a horrible horrible purchaseand just wasted 700 dollars, if you can get your money back ASAP, HP is horrible, it will break, it will overheat, it will be slow, and if you try to phone then to get help they will not help you one bit, and you way over payed, GET YOUR MONEY BACK NOW!!!!

Geoff

VIP Member
That is a huge ripoff! If you are nervous about building your own and want to buy a pre-built, check out Newegg or Tiger Direct, they have several pre-built machines that are much better for the money.

fatbear5090

Apparently it's too late to return it. But will the aforementioned graphics card and power supply help bring it up to a reasonable level?

Laquer Head

Good Grief, this is like the blind leading the blind....I wasn't gonna post but I'm annoyed.

The computer, while not terrific, isn't as bad as you guys are trying to make fatbear5090 feel.

It's a full computer and can be moderately added to.--You can most certainly buy a beefier power supply and an upgraded graphics card.

The machine has a decent quad processor and you'll be able to run games on it.

People need to stop making it like the OP is an idiot just because they don't care for the brand.

Seriously....</rant>

Troncoso

VIP Member
How much can he upgrade it, and will it be worth it is the question.

He's able to upgrade to his heart's content, as long as it fits in the case, at that point, you buy a new case.

A new power supply and (depending on which) graphics card you use, you'll definitely see this able to handle games just fine. For something extremely CPU intensive you may notice some lag, but you can upgrade that too.

Because you don't like a brand, or you've heard that they are bad, doesn't guarantee the product is going to fail.

Before you buy any upgrades, just be sure they fit, else you'll need a new case.