Did I make a bad purchase?

Troncoso

VIP Member
In a much simpler sense, it deals with physics, which is a more of a CPU intensive task than a GPU. You won't find it aiding you very much. The real advantage comes, when you use an Nvidia card as a dedicated physx card.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Alright, because I remember for the GTX 560 I had to make sure my PSU came with 2 6pin connectors, and I wasn't sure about this one.

This is the PSU I selected.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171054

P.S. I'm sorry for so many questions, I have owned Macs all my life, so all this is super new to me, never heard of most of these concepts :/

That's what we are here for

Much better option by the way:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

gtx 580 if you you wanna even come close to high graphics settings...
and also i would recommend buying a better case, its an HP it overheats like a bitch, i had a pavilion and you could touch the case anywhere and it would be hot enough to take your hand off it

Galaxy GTX 465 can play BF3 on High.

well all i know is from what i have read and what i have seen on friends machines in the beta and what i have been told fro mthe actual game, you need atleast 8gb ram and atleast 2 580's to completely make everything out to like the extreme. but really thats just going overboard and you prob wont relly notice a big different from that just to like normal high settings

wolfeking

banned
you need atleast 8gb ram and atleast 2 580's to completely make everything out to like the extreme.
RAM, I will agree. 6 GB at least, so a 1366 system will be fine.
The 2 580s not really. If you've been monitoring the BF3 thread on the forum here, it dont play nice with SLI or CF really. 2 580s isnt going to perform as well as 1 580.

pallethecop

Just installed bf3 and tried it, had between 35-45 fps @ ultra settings, running smooth!!
between 59-69 fps @ high, didnt see much difference..
well Im off for some serious gaming..goodbye social-life :cool:

Last edited:

poker_jake

The 2 580s not really. If you've been monitoring the BF3 thread on the forum here, it dont play nice with SLI or CF really. 2 580s isnt going to perform as well as 1 580.

I disagree, my cf 6950s run bf3 on ultra 1920x1080 at 75 fps avg (fraps) without microstutter and I haven't even installed cap 4 yet. Not sure about NVIDIA sli though.

well someone finally agrees with me on the ram lol1

wolfeking

banned
I disagree, my cf 6950s run bf3 on ultra 1920x1080 at 75 fps avg (fraps) without microstutter and I haven't even installed cap 4 yet. Not sure about NVIDIA sli though.
Just because you are not having trouble doesnt mean everyone isnt. There are plenty of confirmed CF problems, but that dont mean everyone will run into them with each copy of the game.