Did I screw up?

Larrito

My newly assembled computer's CMOS no longer shows everything that's installed, particularly the Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB Solid State Drive. What can I do to make it reappear? I may have caused this 'disappearance' accidentally while investigating the CMOS. I'm using an ASUS Maximus IX Code and a i7700K CPU. Is there a 'command' for the CMOS to re-scan to show all?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean you may have caused this? Did you change any settings? If so then go back in and choose to load default settings, save and reboot.

_Glitch

So did that work?
You can't re-scan for hardware btw, but there are no need for it.
The posting process checks all hardware every time the computer turns on.

Larrito

I'm not 100% sure of what I did. I was attempting to adjust the boot order and as I recall, when I clicked on the hard drive it then no longer appeared.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try this then. Unplug power from power supply, remove cmos battery from motherboard, press and hold power button on case for 10 seconds then wait 10 minutes. Then reinsert battery, reconnect power and try booting up.

Kyle Smith

Try resetting the CMOS by removing the battery from the motherboard for 20 mins, then re insert the battery. Hopefully your motherboard resets, which then should allow you to see all the drives again.