Difference between companies?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Shitty website.

They're pretty much the same. Manufacturers take the reference nVidia card and make their own version of it. Different manufacturers may slightly overclock the card. Then each manufacturer puts their own cooler on it.

The_Martin

Why is it shitty?:D (it was just for the name)

So if I'm willing to choose one of these which one to choose? Because they have very different prices. And btw there're many other companies and the price range is very wide.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Get the gigabyte or Asus one. Up to you. The zotac cooler isn't the greatest.

Shlouski

VIP Member
I'd get the Asus...its got 6GB and better cooler!

This is all true.

Even through coolers like the one on the asus card perform better with good case airflow, and are much quieter, I still prefer the blowers like on the Zotac, I like the idea of drawing air into the case and all that heat being expelled straight out the back, maybe its just me. I also I think the blowers look better, sleeker and after replacing the thermal paste they have always worked well enough that I could overclock them, but yes they do still run hotter and louder.

I would still also recommend the asus, but I personally would save the money and go for the Zotac.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Asus customer support in Europe is garbage for video cards. Had a friend try to get a RMA going... and basically got told to eff off and go through the place he bought it off of who would then claim no responsibility to provide the return service.