Difference between GeForce 8200 and 750a SLI?

Mitch?

banned
One can support 2 video cards in SLI and the other has an onboard lowend graphins chip, and can only support one dedicated video card.

The 750 SLI will support the addition of another graphics card in SLI mode, meaning they will act as one card with increased power. The 8xxx motherboard will have a low level videocard built into the motherboard.
I suggest the 750 SLI if you want to run dual graphics cards, but if you're a casual gamer or not a gamer at all, and you don't want to spend the extra money on an SLI board, you don't need to.

The 750 SLI will support the addition of another graphics card in SLI mode, meaning they will act as one card with increased power. The 8xxx motherboard will have a low level videocard built into the motherboard.
I suggest the 750 SLI if you want to run dual graphics cards, but if you're a casual gamer or not a gamer at all, and you don't want to spend the extra money on an SLI board, you don't need to.

This is pretty much what I meant. Only this worded better.

nissin67

Thanks!

I'm not a heavy demanding gamer, just an average normal gamer that is satisfied as long as i can play recent games even at lower resolution, and will work on graphics (photoshop, etc.) here and there.

Since I"m working on a budget here - is this motherboard (the SLI) good enough for me?

I plan to get X2 6000+ 3.0ghz.

MrBucket

I don't know a whole lot about nivida chipsets but from what i can tell the 8200 only as 1 PCI Express 2.0 slot and the 750a has 2 PCI x16 Express 2.0 Slots but run at x8 x8 when in SLI but keep in mind that most cards out today don't utilize all the bandwidth PCI Express 2.0 has to offer so going with a board that has x8 x8 should still run most cards at today at full capacity depending on your cpu. Both do support dual channel memory up to 1066 even tho it doesn't specifically say on tigerdirect that it does but, it does. Also the 750a has the same onboard video as the 8200. There probably are a few more differences but just out of these two i'd say go with the 750a seems better. You can get it 20 bucks cheaper at newegg here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813141010