Different Brands of Rtx 3080

Sanjoog

Hello, I am new to computer building and I am wondering what each brand means for the Rtx 3080. For example there is an Asus 3080, Nvidia 3080, and a Msi 3080. The stats look exactly the same so what is the difference besides looks. Also if it is a compatibility difference can someone please tell me what each is compatible towards? Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's basically brand name quality. There should be minimal differences between them, maybe clocked a little differently though. There really is no compatibility issues. You just need to make sure that the power supply you use will support the 3080. Also, depending on the cpu you are losing the cpu may bottleneck the video card.

beers

Staff member
Some third parties do positive things, like overbuild for specifications.
They also do some negative things, like trying to cheap out on power delivery (a problem with some third party 3k series cards).

Depends on the specific vendor and card. I've had a few EVGA cards that have been decent, keep in mind when you buy you're also committing to things like the customer support level of the org, some of them are much worse than others (Powercolor was lame for me).