difficult network problem

tom1012

New Member
I hope I don't get flamed for this. I know this isn't about me building a computer or anything, but I figured this would be a good place to ask. Please try to help me.

My computer is having a very annoying network problem. I was without internet for a while until just recently and it did not used to do this before. I can't connect to practically any online game, limewire, and some websites act funny when I try to log in.

I have tried port forwarding, firewalls, running my internet right from the modem..

We recently got a wgt624v3 router with our new internet. If that means anything.

But please start asking me questions or telling me what it may be so I can get this fixed. I hope there are some very knowledgable, kind computer guys on here that can help me out.

Thanks in advance! :)
 
Why don't you call your internet provider since it does the same thing when you connect straight to the modem without the router. It might be on your internet provider side.
 
Why don't you call your internet provider since it does the same thing when you connect straight to the modem without the router. It might be on your internet provider side.

I don't think its that cuz I can search the web fine. I get internet great actually. I think the computer is just blocking certain things that it didnt before for some very odd reason.
 
i would suggest that you call your internet service provider since you say that you are still having the same issues with just the modem connected. But a word of advice since it does seem that you plan on gaming i would suggest once you get these problems worked out with them to invest in buying a new router because most isp's tend to hide stuff in the router's firmwire that will probably cause issues with connecting to other players in multiplayer games
 
i would suggest that you call your internet service provider since you say that you are still having the same issues with just the modem connected. But a word of advice since it does seem that you plan on gaming i would suggest once you get these problems worked out with them to invest in buying a new router because most isp's tend to hide stuff in the router's firmwire that will probably cause issues with connecting to other players in multiplayer games

You really think its just the isp that is the concern?
 
You never said exactly what problems you were having. All you said was that websites act funny. In what way is it acting funny??? Do you have virus and malware software running on your system? You could be infected if you don't or are not running a firewall.
 
You never said exactly what problems you were having. All you said was that websites act funny. In what way is it acting funny??? Do you have virus and malware software running on your system? You could be infected if you don't or are not running a firewall.

I am running a firewall. I have only turned it off and uninstalled firewalls that I no longer use to test if the problem goes away. Well I can't download adobe flash player so I can't watch a lot of flash videos like on facebook. I've tried to log on to worldofwarcraft.com and it would give a message saying i can't connect or something.

Some things just aren't being allowed to traffic in and out of my computer like they should.. ..i think :confused:
 
What specifically happens when you try to download adobe flash player? You may be running a firewall but are you running virus software? I'm only asking because you could be infected and not realize it.
 
What specifically happens when you try to download adobe flash player? You may be running a firewall but are you running virus software? I'm only asking because you could be infected and not realize it.

It used to just say it couldn't connect to download it, but now it finishes what looks like the installation, but no videos work.. so obviously it wasn't installed. I'm not running any antivirus software, but I think if I had a virus, it would have been doing this long before when I had internet before. It started doing this as soon as I got internet back. Ive only had it for not even 2 weeks.
 
If you aren't running an antivirus program then follow this procedure so we know you are infection free.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here, here, here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you continue to experience problems after doing this, please post a HijackThis log by doing the following:

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

If after you run this and its not better then you need to call your internet provider.
 
After I clicked finish on the installation it says

"An error occured. Please report the following errior code to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware support team.
Error code: 732 (12029, 0)"

See what I mean? Soo annoying.... :[
 
That just means it doesn't recognize internet access and won't update. run the program without updating and see if it finds anything. Most likely you are infected.
 
That just means it doesn't recognize internet access and won't update. run the program without updating and see if it finds anything. Most likely you are infected.

Ok I will do that, but I think you just said the problem. Why isn't it "recognizing my internet access?" ugh. Ill see what it does when i run it
 
if you have another computer, run the update on a flash drive connected to that computer. then plug the usb stick into the problematic pc and run the scan. if mbam is not updated, it might not detect all the malware.
 
I don't have another computer that isn't using the same internet connection I am.. lol

I ran it without updating and it found 11ish thingys. I removed them all, restarted my comp as it said to, still can't connect to things. Ill post the HijackThis log in a minute.
 
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:07:27 PM, on 1/28/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16981)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\InetCntrl\InetCntrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\tempie\rty.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\KODAK\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?T...=Q405&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop&parm1=seconduser
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: AIM Toolbar Search Class - {03402f96-3dc7-4285-bc50-9e81fefafe43} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\aimtb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: AIM Toolbar Loader - {b0cda128-b425-4eef-a174-61a11ac5dbf8} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\aimtb.dll
O2 - BHO: Bsecure Popup Blocker - {E0019445-4C1F-414D-A70E-AD80F231C584} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\InetCntrl\PopupKil\BsafeBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Bsecure Popup Blocker - {E0019445-4C1F-414D-A70E-AD80F231C584} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\InetCntrl\PopupKil\BsafeBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AIM Toolbar - {61539ecd-cc67-4437-a03c-9aaccbd14326} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\aimtb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD08] "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InetCntrl] C:\WINDOWS\system32\InetCntrl\InetCntrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [igndlm.exe] "C:\Program Files\IGN\Download Manager\DLM.exe" /windowsstart /startifwork
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cdloader] "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\mjusbsp\cdloader2.exe" MAGICJACK
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [rty] C:\WINDOWS\tempie\rty.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\KODAK\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\KODAK\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AIM Toolbar\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM Toolbar - {0b83c99c-1efa-4259-858f-bcb33e007a5b} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\aimtb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: inetcntrl0012.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.google.com
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {31B7EB4E-8B4B-11D1-A789-00A0CC6651A8} (Cult3D ActiveX Player) - http://host.cycore.net/plugins/windows/ie/Cult3D_IE_5.3.0.228.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (CDownloadCtrl Object) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.3.3.102.cab
O16 - DPF: {49232000-16E4-426C-A231-62846947304B} (SysData Class) - https://wimpro2.cce.hp.com/ChatEntry/downloads/sysinfo.cab
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secure/HPGetDownloadManager.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77F23EB-E7AB-4502-8F37-247DBAF1A147} (Windows Live Hotmail Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/photouploadcontrol/MSNPUpld.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Dcfssvc - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 12026 bytes


Have fun looking through all of that.. haha thanks for the help guys. Hopefully this will get fixed eventually.
 
Please do the following.

Download and Run ComboFix
If you already have Combofix, please delete this copy and download it again as it's being updated regularly.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Combofix should never take more that 20 minutes including the reboot if malware is detected.
If it does, open Task Manager then Processes tab (press ctrl, alt and del at the same time) and end any processes of findstr, find, sed or swreg, then combofix should continue.
If that happened we want to know, and also what process you had to end.

In your next reply please post:
  • The ComboFix log
  • A fresh HiJackThis log
  • An update on how your computer is running
 
"You cannot rename ComboFix as ComboFix[2]

Please use another name, preferably made up of alphanumeric characters"

Thats what it says after I run it and idk how to get past it. I don't think ive had it installed before and i did a search for combofix and deleted the 2 files that came up already. no change.
 
download combofix directly to your desktop. delete any instances of combofix already there.
 
Back
Top