Digital Camera

smitherz

tis a very nice camera, although its only going to reach its full potential when in use by a professional photographer, and the odd regular user of course.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
tis a very nice camera, although its only going to reach its full potential when in use by a professional photographer, and the odd regular user of course.
Thats just like everything else in the world though, put it in the hands of a pro and you get different results! :p

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
That's the one! It's probably the best semi-professional camera and its price is 12 times smaller than that of the EOS-1DS... :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Lorand said:
That's the one! It's probably the best semi-professional camera and its price is 12 times smaller than that of the EOS-1DS... :)

wow...i could buy a used car for the price of that camera lol. i'm not even getting that much for me car:( $5K if im lucky lol.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
But as you could see, that EOS looks like a real camera. First time I saw an earlier version of an HP Photosmart I thought it was an electric razor... :eek:

4W4K3

VIP Member
Lorand said:
But as you could see, that EOS looks like a real camera. First time I saw an earlier version of an HP Photosmart I thought it was an electric razor... :eek:

hah yah it does look like a "real" camera. They have $40 credit-card cameras that would be fun to have. but i would be afraid it would crack if i stuck it in my pocket.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Some low-end cameras have some really strange design. Just look at this one:

exs3-angle.jpg

It's like a cigarette lighter... I'd never appear in public with such a hilarious thingy. :p

Scrat

I just bought the Canon EOS 20D with 18-55mm lens yesterday afternoon for AU$2650.00
It's not quite as good as the EOS 1D(Profesional Series) but its still amazing.

Already i'd prefer a better lens though as it needs to go better than 55mm, but once i can aford it i'll buy a better lens & a Flash as the built-in one is ok, but doesn't seem to keep up with the camera in high speed mode(5frames/sec).

Still the camera is awsome. I dont know much about cameras but i'd still recomend it to anyone.

Does anyone know if there are any on-line tutorials on photography?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
An interesting fact: the first ever photo (taken in 1827) needed an exposure time so long that in the meantime the sun circled the sky, so there's no shadows on the photo.
Take a look on that photo. You can see no shadow... In fact, you can hardly see a thing... :)

niepce-first-photo.jpg