digital photo storage

fred13

undefined

Hi: Looking for a notebook or laptop to load digital pictures while traveling. Need a large hard drive and a CD burner. Other sophistication not needed.

Your suggestions are welcomed.

Fred13

rexinre

What size pictures are you looking to download? I have a Dell with a 55 gig HD and haven't filled it in the least bit!

Echo_

id would go with an apple or a dell.
if your gonna do any photo editing and stuff apples are pretty good
Dell, well i just like em for pc.
Also if you wanna do a lotta editing and stuff i recomend adobe photoshop very good

computerdude2004

I would recommend Photoshop as well. Don't use an Apple if you plan on connecting your computer to a lot of PC's. Windows doesn't recognize anything that is Macintosh, or Apple OS.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well if no sophistication is needed ... just get the cheapest notebook you can find that's at least a Pentium3 ... and upgrade the harddrive ... everything else is USBish anyways :)

rexinre

Praetor said:
Well if no sophistication is needed ... just get the cheapest notebook you can find that's at least a Pentium3 ... and upgrade the harddrive ... everything else is USBish anyways :)

I agree here!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Or forget that, my bad, a more effective strategy would be to make use of firewire/usb2! Buy yourself a nice 7200rpm (a big change from the 5400rpm and 4800rpm on notebook drives) and put it into a drive enclosure :) The advantages of this system is:
- The data is not "tied" to the laptop
- A greatly improved drive performance even with the drop of USB2/Firewire (do not that you dont need to buy an 8MB drive, 2MB cache will suffice because you'll be capped by the USB2/Firewire interface)
- Even if your laptop doesnt have the USB2/Firewire ports you can always add them via PCMCIA cards ... all in all you're savin money