Dimension 8250 Dell Wont Connect Tt Internet

ThatOneServer

New Member
Hi, I recently reinstalled windows xp because my computer chrased, So Now I go to device manager and theres no driver for my internet card, Now I dont know anything about this computer and A yellow question mark is over the driver enternet controler, I went to dell and downloaded drivers i needed, And still it wont connect to my modem... What can i do i have winodws xp and its a dell Dimension 8250 pelase help.
 
Do you by chance have 2 nic cards in that machine? On the network adapter that has the yellow question mark on it, Right click it, click on properties, click on the details tab and give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They would look like this.
 

Attachments

  • device.JPG
    device.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 216
What has a yellow question mark it says ethernet controller, the line that i see where u told me to go says pcven_8086&dev_1229&subsys_01451028&rev_10\4 and more letters etc.
 
I get a message saying, the installed version of intel proset is not supported for upgrades. you must uninstall it befor installing this version. What should i uninstall?
 
Look in add/remove programs for Intel pro wireless and uninstall it. And then try reinstalling the driver I linked you too.
 
Back
Top