directx 10 question

dazbizkit

I just got an 8800 and i wanna know if directx 10 is avialable to download yet or do i have to wait till the games come out with it?

thnks:)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
DX10 isnt out yet i dont believe, i have the 8800GTS.... I can tell you though (i think) DX10 is only going to be supported in vista and also, the first game to fully use it will be Crysis released in Q2 of 2007.... so you can gauge a release date from that

dragon

dazbizkit

ok kool i can wait, i got vista as well so i wont have any problems there. i kinda figured it wouldnt be out yet because it didnt come with the 8800 driver disk, was just curious. Crysis is out in June but according to Play.com and some other sites its saying the 30th of march. not sure who to believe lol

thnx anyways

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
When i was typing my reply up there i thought it was march but wasnt sure so just said Q2 of 2007, ill go check... crysis looks utterly brilliant though, definitely one to buy on release day

dragon

*EDIT* - ok all of the sources that used to say Q2 of 2007 now say Q3 of 2007, so i think it might have been delayed a tiny bit.... crud

Last edited:

dazbizkit

it never prompted me for a directx 10 installation when i installed Vista so i dont think it is, and i cant find it anywhere for download just a SDK version. im just gonna wait it out and get it when i get Crysis or any other of the amazing games on release!

Boomer

according to dxdiag on my laptop, its DX10. and it says its DX10 in everest Home too. i know the 7600 wont play DX10 games very well tho LOL :p

dazbizkit

when i have a look at compatability info with some EA Games it says i have directx 10, but i dnt think i have it lol

maybe its built into vista or my graphics card without needing an install.

argh!!! im confused lol

dazbizkit

good! I just have to play the waiting game. but when you have next generation hardware and software the waiting game feels a lot longer! its like waiting for a bus in the rain!

Geoff

VIP Member
DX10 is part of Vista, and Vista only. It is built into Vista right now I believe, but they're arent any DX10 games or apps out yet.

dazbizkit

i just played the c&c 3 demo, its looked amazing.

the best graphics for an RTS ive ever seen, im not sure if it was running on directx 10 or not but it looked so good, looked like dx 10 to me :)

maroon1

the best graphics for an RTS ive ever seen, im not sure if it was running on directx 10 or not but it looked so good, looked like dx 10 to me :)

No it is not DX10 game.

Also, you will never be able to play DX10 games with DX10 features on windows XP. You must have windows Vista.

Geoff

VIP Member

Nope, not DX10. I believe Crysis will be the first DX10 game (or one of the first).

elitehacker

The first direct X game is already out, its supreme commander I'm playing it right now. So Crysis will NOT be the first dx10 game.

dazbizkit

No it is not DX10 game.

Also, you will never be able to play DX10 games with DX10 features on windows XP. You must have windows Vista.

ive got vista, i sed b4 :)

well they looked like next gen to me, just not on a directx 10 scale i guess.

im playing supreme commander too, but i dont think they have directx 10 features to me, it looks a bit dated, awsome game tho.

Last edited:

elitehacker

Supreme commander at the moment is not DX10, but a patch will be released to make it so, google it if you don't believe me.

dazbizkit

ok ok i believe you!:p i just havnt herd anything of a patch. but because its not like it now its not a directx 10 game lol so there!