Disabling YouTube Video Pausing in Google Chrome?

johnnyb58

YouTube Video Pauses in Google Chrome and I need it disabled. I installed an App from Google store and it doesn’t work although it does come with a warning saying “not tested” and may not work. From what I can tell because I’m a sleep it is that it pauses after 2 to 3 hours

From what I can find, it only pauses the video which also stops the audio. I only listen to the music at night for sleeping so I need it to run at least 8 hrs and I don’t watch the video. YouTube has 11 hr long music videos and they still pause so I guess its chrome itself that pausing it.

Does anyone know anything about this how to stop the pausing?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried a different browser? It may be your internet provider pausing you to make sure you are still watching. Netflix does this if you binge watch a series for 2 long.

johnnyb58

Have you tried a different browser? It may be your internet provider pausing you to make sure you are still watching. Netflix does this if you binge watch a series for 2 long.
I haven't tried another browser and it could be something in Chrome that's pausing it. I have Firefox and Edge, but I heard terrible stories about Edge so I don't use it at all.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try using Firefox and see what happens. If it still happens then you know its not the browser and may be your internet provider.

johnnyb58

I tried running YouTube using Firefox and it didn't pause except my Bluetooth Earbud batteries went dead. So If this is really a Chrome Thing than I'll use Firefox from now on, but I need to find earbuds that run longer on batteries. Mine run between 6 and 7 hrs before screaming loud I my ears that the battery is low and nearly breaking my eardrums. .

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using cheap batteries? Probably need to research long life batteries but are probably gonna be expensive and preferably rechargeable if thats even possible with earbud batteries.

johnnyb58

Are you using cheap batteries? Probably need to research long life batteries but are probably gonna be expensive and preferably rechargeable if thats even possible with earbud batteries.
I have 2 sets of chargeable Bluetooth earbuds that I keep charged next to my bed so when one goes dead, I switch to the other set. The main problem is that once it wakes me up I have a hard time going back to sleep. I used to use wired earbuds with an extension. but it kept wrapping around my neck.

johnnyb58

Might I suggest a wired speaker...?
I have 5 stereo systems spread throughout the house, but my wife wants it quiet manly because I’ve lost most of my hearing and need it cranked up.

Anyway, last night I was listening to YouTube music thru Firefox and it paused in exactly 1 hr. I started it back up and it played all night without interruption after that. The “pause” window looked exactly like the one that comes up in Chrome and I’m pretty sure the pause is Chrome generated. So I guess Chrome still has control over YouTube even in the Firefox browser it may have been that stupid YouTube Nonpause extension. I need to get rid of that App because I believe its causing other problems on my tablet.