Disc Drive Randomly Gets Stuck

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/Blu-ray Technology' started by TMac1256, Jan 18, 2017.

1. TMac1256

TMac1256 New Member

I've got a CD drive I purchased about a week ago which has been up until now working just fine. Today I've been trying to use it and when playing a disc, it will out of nowhere stop reading the disc as if it's skipping. After around 20 seconds it will quit playing the song it's on and switch to the next one. I've tried using different discs in varying conditions but it appears it is the drive itself. I've also tested my other disc drive using the same discs, and it has no issues whatsoever.

Model is BTC BCD F563E

2. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Replace/return it. Sounds defective and they're cheap. Was it new or used?

3. TMac1256

TMac1256 New Member

As far as I can tell, it was removed from the box and then never used. I'll just get a new one, this drive was $4.

4. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

Can't get a new drive that cheap. I would suspect it was older. There should be a manufacture date on one of the stickers on it.

5. TMac1256

TMac1256 New Member

It's from 2000. I'm just going to replace it. Thank you to both of you for your responses.

6. ANNR

ANNR Active Member

my earliest purchase was a dvd drive from ebay and it was defective. The box was not new and the drive was not new either. I was in high school at the time and 21 bucks was a lot to me. Good thing you only paid 4 dollars. Never buy used disk drives!!!