Disk is working on PCIe 3.0 X1 instead of X4

Gofer

Hello,
I have got a problem with my disk. I bought samsung 970 evo yesterday. After I plug in my disk into first M.2 slot (I have got Asus Rog Strix b450 E-gaming and Ryzen 5 3600). I noticed that my disk works slow. Then I checked in CristalDiskInfo and my disk works in PCIE 3.0 X1. I don't know why because I read manual and everything should works fine. I updated my BIOS to newer version and install samsung drivers. Unfortunately it did not help. After that I tried to change M.2 slot and my disk works in PCIE 3.0 X4 but my graphic card works in PCIE 3.0 X8. I know there is not much difference in performance between X16 and X8 but I want to solve this problem. What should I do with this? I want my card to run on PCIE 3.0 X16 and my disk on PCIE 3.0 X4.
Thanks for help!

My motherboard manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/.../E14929_ROG_STRIX_B450-E_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to contact Asus, but I think is a motherboard limitation when using the M2 slot Read the notes at the bottom. The first M2 slot may be defective though. Check bios to make sure what mode the m2 slot is in as well. Pages 3-16 and 3-17 in the manual for the settings.

asus motherboard.jpg

Gofer

You need to contact Asus, but I think is a motherboard limitation when using the M2 slot Read the notes at the bottom. The first M2 slot may be defective though. Check bios to make sure what mode the m2 slot is in as well. Pages 3-16 and 3-17 in the manual for the settings.

View attachment 10329
I tested various configurations of settings and this and it did not help. I try to contact with Asus