DLL kernel 32.DLL error

Doire

DLL kernel 32.DLL could not be found

Im using Windows 2000.

Any ideas why this comes up.

Also, the PC keeps rebooting every so often!

Thanks for the help guys!

geranimo://

http://www.dll-files.com/search.php?s=kernel32There it is, but I don't know if it will fix your problem and if it's meant for windows 2000 aswell, maybe you should wait for some other advise, although it probably can't harm to put it in your \windows\system32 folder

You could run HitmanPro2 aswell, it's a bundle of the best anti spy/adware and even 2 antivirus programs, it's really good :)

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Eeek i think the easiest route would be to do a reformat/repair installation since that file is fairly critical (and an indication of an installation gone really bad). You may also want to do a memory check

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It may or may not work but generally if your kernal32.dll file is "broken", you already have pretty serious OS problems ... replacing the file should be only a temporary measure used so that you can boot and backup your data :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Can't he use the repair option of the Windows...

Can't he use the repair option of the XP OS? That should be able to copy the original files over and overwrite those which are corrupt. Give it a try.

JAN :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Byteman is right, XP is built on 2000 (build 5.1.2006 to be exact). I would try to run sfc.exe and repair some of the crucial files. See what happens.

jbrown456

I would backup all your data, and THEN try running the xp repair disk (if you have it), if that dosn't work, or you don't have the disk and can't get it, i'd just format!
but thats just me.