Do console gamers know anything?

Calibretto

VIP Member
Well, I use to not have anything against console gamers but I think that has changed now. I was playing CoD4 on the Xbox 360 with some friends. One of them decides to use a SAW with the ACOG scope. I was thinking "what a noob". I then told him he would be better off without the ACOG scope. He looks at me and goes:

"What's an ACOG scope?"

This question is coming from a man who is like Prestige 5 I think.

Droogie

I've noticed that COD4 seems to be a game that is heavily infested with noobs. I play console and PC, just because there are games that I really like, that haven't released for PC.

bigl2007

cod4

newbies are everywhere ya go online like one time this player was getting very rude with me on cod4 and i scored alot higher then him and he had the nerve to talk his trash like he was better and stuff so where ever you go whatever game you play online you may have to put up with being call this or that or whatever ya know for some reason people really bother me on there sometimes and i get so mad i have to take a break sometimes but i go back and keep playing cuz i have a love for the game just like Michael Jordan has a love for basketball but i wouldnt say consoles and newbies have anything in common console games are good for majority of games and i like consoles controllers better then how alot of pc games make you use keyboard and mouse like battlefield 2 mainly stuff like that i would just stick to console gaming and if somebody get on ya nerve avoid them or either take some time off its hard to find friendly players these days thats the way i look at it

scooter

banned
Well, I use to not have anything against console gamers but I think that has changed now. I was playing CoD4 on the Xbox 360 with some friends. One of them decides to use a SAW with the ACOG scope. I was thinking "what a noob". I then told him he would be better off without the ACOG scope. He looks at me and goes:

"What's an ACOG scope?"

This question is coming from a man who is like Prestige 5 I think.

The nerve of some people!

All I just read was....nerd...nerd...nerd...nerdie nerdie nerd...

4NGU$

VIP Member
The nerve of some people!

All I just read was....nerd...nerd...nerd...nerdie nerdie nerd...

what rattled your cage ?

try a mature response

his point is that if the player has ranked up 275 odd times that he should in fact know what an acog scope since it is an integral part of the game and is written everywhere in the class customisation screen.

my "mature" argument for this that you do get people in these games taking the piss for example I hear people in halo say what's a BR ? or what button is it to shoot ? when they have over 1000 games played. its just some people having a bit of a laugh.

Bartmasta

banned
lots of noobs on cod4, I'm only rank 32 and I get over 1 kpd in games (i usually play search and destroy) and I'm usually one of the people with most kills in a game.

sad to see rank 55 people with like 4 kill 15 death

ikermalli

He could just be a noob or doesn't know the terms, a lot of people just play and don't care about the names, btw, a SAW with an ACOG is pretty easy to kill people with :p! But yeah, I'm a console gamer and I know some about call of duty, im not a complete noob, but im not a pro. This is called... gamercism!

the_painter

come now calibretto. lets not be condescending to our friendly console neighbors. it doesnt feel good eh? when playing on a console you must become the noob. console is pure fun. no competition.

Archangel

VIP Member
tell that to the people who played PGR4 on that world cup. (jea, project gotham racing 4)
I find the whole pc vs. console argumenting all the time just stupid. I mean, who cares if its played on a console or a pc, as long as its fun? (wich I think is the whole idea of gaming anyways, isnt it? )

4NGU$

VIP Member
tell that to the people who played PGR4 on that world cup. (jea, project gotham racing 4)
I find the whole pc vs. console argumenting all the time just stupid. I mean, who cares if its played on a console or a pc, as long as its fun? (wich I think is the whole idea of gaming anyways, isnt it? )

quoted for truth

your playing the same game it doesnt matter what your playing it on

i used to be a pc gamer but i cant afford to keep up with the hardware so i went to an Xbox360 that costs less than the top of the ranges GPU's cost
and will probably last me longer :)

its just as FUN as it was before and Fun is the operative word here because were all just here to enjoy our self.

Last edited:

l2blackbelt

plus theres hacks to upgrade your stats like mad, so yeah.

Besides, console gamers also tend not to know how terrible their platforms are compared to even the cheapest comptuer.

(I guess thats a given, because if they did know, they wouldn't be console gamers. xD)

Now i am a console and a Pc gamer. So not to be bias in either direction. The consoles are made for games. Were as pcs are not all built for such a thing. Someone said that there's no competition on consoles. I beg to differ. Since all there systems are on the same playing field system wise it more so come down to skill. But hey i also love the hell out of a good PC game. :cool:

D@RKSID3

HEY, don't diss the Noobs they have too start somewhere, I was a noob once!!!

But then i killed the other noobs, making me no longer a noob.

TechRookie

yeah truesay, everyone starts somewhere! but mind u, its all about fun too! i think most console players just play now and again for fun, whereas most pc gamers take it a lot more seriously and are a bit hardcore....

im a console gamer by the way... i play ps3 for an hour or so every night... im not a noob or anything, i just dont have the time to sit on it for the whole night and be proper serious about it!