Do i hav a sound card

Redline8490

i jst bought computer tower off ebay to use it with my widescreen tv in my room i hav bought the power cable and the monitor cable which is plugged in to the circles bit on the pic below, everything is working fine except for the sound could some1 plz tell me if i hav a souns card lol(dont know much about computers) if so what cable do i need and where do i plug it in (the tv has a 3.5mm jack input)

PCbak-1.jpg

adarsh

I think it is the green box just next to the pink one is the audio out.
I may be wrong, I cannot read it carefully, but I think in says "OUT".
The pink is for a mic, and the blue for a line in.

Redline8490

I tryed pluging it in to all of them but not luck, the black one next 2 the blue think that i hav circled says "s-out" and the yellow one next to that says "av-out"could it be the "s-out" one, only thing is its not a 3.5mm jack, any1 know wat it could be

Francisck

Could you navigate to

"Start>Run> and type in devmgmt.msc" and tell us if there are any question marks or exclamation points?

The screen should look like this:

Device_Manger_Windows_2003.png

What operating system does the computer have?

Geoff

VIP Member
The green port is audio out. The S-Video and AV-out (black and yellow connectors) are for video only, they don't carry audio.

Do you have some spare speakers that you could plug into the green port and see if they are working? Also make sure the sound isn't muted or turned down all the way.

Redline8490

[-0MEGA-];1016421 said:
The green port is audio out. The S-Video and AV-out (black and yellow connectors) are for video only, they don't carry audio.

Do you have some spare speakers that you could plug into the green port and see if they are working? Also make sure the sound isn't muted or turned down all the way.

yes i jst pluged some speakers in to the green port but gt no sound

Redline8490

When i go into start>control panal>sound,speech and audio devices>sound and audio devices it says no audio devices at the top and i cant chance the volume etc thats wat makes me think i dont hav a sound card, the guy on ebay said he reinstalled windows xp could he hav done something wrong?

Francisck

Hm, perhaps he installed the wrong drivers, could you please tell me the model number of your computer?

Redline8490

still says ive gt no audio device and i cant chance the volume etc any1 got any idea, thanks 2 the ppl that hav helped so far