Do I need a new card?

I currently have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 that I think is dying. I am getting a lot of flicker when I am playing Borderlands 3 and its mostly when lots of stuff is going on. I tried re-seating the card thinking maybe that was it, but it did not help.

I have had it for years now, and I also at one point was using it to see about mining for bitcoin (probably less than a month) a few years ago. If I were to replace it, I don't need to go up very much in quality, but I DO need 4K support and I need 2 HDMI out's.

I found an MSI Radeon RX580 for about $160, but I am really not sure if it is decent. Just because it is 8GB on-board ram doesn't mean it is better than my 4 right? As usual (as with everyone), I am looking for the least expensive possible. I am TRYING to keep it under $150 if possible, but I don't think it will be, unless I can get a really good deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I need to get a couple new HD for my NAS server also, but I think I can survive that on my own lol.

Well that's no good!
A new upgrade's always nice, but are you sure it's your gpu and not your power supply?
If you havn't already I would check your temps and try rolling back your gpu drivers to see if that helps
I've had an overheating gpu before and it mostly artifacted instead of flickering, but that being said every case is different!

hmmm I suppose it COULD be the power supply, I hadn't thought of that!
Hmm just check the voltage?

As for temps, I guess I could run something and check. been a long time since I checked!