Do i need a new MotherBoard??

Shawgrath

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum just registered today. I am having problems with my computer hopefully you guys can give me a hand. I have a Dell Dimensions 2400. I was trying to reset the bios and i committed a mistake. I took out the lithium batter, flipped it upside down, and placed in. I then took it out again and placed it back normally (someone had told me that i could reset the bios in this manner). After doing this my computer wont even turn on. I am not sure if there is anything i can do to fix the problem or just get a new mother board. There is a green light on the mother board next to the main power cable that goes to the motherboard and turns on when ever i connect it to the power.

hyPoxxx.dll

If the Dell Demension 2400 Motherboard is anything like the 3000. Then i think you DO need to replace the motherboard. Sorry to say this. But INTEL motherboard are JUNK (in my opinion).

I say get a new motherboard. But make sure you get one small enough to fit the case. I dont beleive you CANOT get dual pci express slots with the size.

Shawgrath

Thank you hypox....
I found a replacement on ebay going for about $90 as apposed to my local computer repair shop which would charge me around $160 to get a replacement. Thanks again!