Do I Need A New Router or Is It Something Else?

Slacker7

I really could use some sound advice and/or direction. Here is my issue...

Since yesterday morning I have noticed that websites take an inordinate amount of time to load including my homepage. For example my mail page will hang as I wait to access, League of Legends is unplayable, Youtube videos either take a long time to engage or they never load, and I could not even set up a wish list on New Egg. As I said, prior to yesterday I had no significant issues other than slow downs in loading from time to time (with the exception of Riot Games buggy PvP Chat client which is a perpetual issue that many of us suffer with; their IT seems unable or unwilling to fix).

I both pinged and did tracerts for Comcast.net, Xfinity.com, google.com, microsoft.com, Firefox, leagueoflegends, and Youtube. As for the pings: all but Microsoft.com and League were 3 out of 4 Packets lost. MS and League were 4 out of 4 Packets lost.

Tracerts: There were multiple time outs experienced by all, especially League (of course).

Something is very wrong here.

Back in December I had Comcast out to the house to diagnose my internet. Both my splitter (replaced almost 2 years ago) and my outside connections were good. They gave me a brand new modem to replace my old one. My current router is a Netgear 700 that has been working fine for 3 years with the only persistent issue being League.

Where do I take it from here? Could my issue be my router? I am in territory that I only have a basic working knowledge. Thanks much.

P.S. My PC is hard wired to the router and laptops are wifi connected. They all suffer these issues. And my laptop has no issues connecting to League when I am away from home.

One other thing, 2 months ago I tried connecting directly to my modem. I had no issues at that time.

Thanks much.