Do i need to upgrade advice

meanman

Hi my pc specs are
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-OC-CF
CPU Intel I7 4770K running at stock
Memory 16gig DDR3 duel channel
3x Samsung SSDs
Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080
The system has water cooling on the cpu.
Windows 10 64bit pro
I just got the GPU and i am wondering if my system could be to weak for me to get the most out of the GPU and if i should upgrade my other pc parts, i don't no anything about overclocking so havent tried it.
I mainly use it for gaming.

beers

Staff member
Doesn't sound too bad to me, an upgrade wouldn't give you a huge boost for the cost it would incur.

Usually you can compare your own game benchmark numbers to review sites to see if your system is running as expected.

Laquer Head

I just upgraded from a similar system but mine had an i5 4th gen cpu and was a Z97 platform.

I'd say unless you are finding specific limitations or have the disposable income to upgrade - I'd hold tight with what you got for now.

Since you have a K-series cpu, and water cooling,...why aren't you tweaking and overclocking ..now's a great time to learn...get some free boost from that system by learning and implementing a nice little OC on it

meanman

Thank you both, @Laquer Head my system under water cooling idles at 27 28 24 27 i have no idea if that is good enough to OC but i really have no idea were to start and i worry i would kill the system.

Laquer Head

Thank you both, @Laquer Head my system under water cooling idles at 27 28 24 27 i have no idea if that is good enough to OC but i really have no idea were to start and i worry i would kill the system.

Oh shit yeah..those are just the idle, no load temps.. you are good to overclock.. just do it in steps and monitor temps/voltage as you go.. worst case scenario it rejects the tweaks and you reboot and try again with new settings!!

start by googling overclocking guides and info.. the 4th gen have been out a long time so many people will have info and write-ups posted online that you can gather knowledge from!