do you know how to create a database website?

jman21

I want to build a few websites, but I am looking for someone with experience building database or mysql websites. I have a few people that would invest and I have some ideas. So if you live in Los Angeles, California or in the area reply. Does anyone know of another way I can find people that do this in my area?

flakpanzer

You have to use a dynamic web technology such as ASP, PHP or ColdFusion. Furthermore you will need a Web Application server capable of running such markups such as IIS, Apache or ColdFusion MX 6.1.

Then you will need to find a hosting company offering these servers and the ODBC drivers needed to comm with you database.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
flakpanzer said:
You have to use a dynamic web technology such as ASP, PHP or ColdFusion. Furthermore you will need a Web Application server capable of running such markups such as IIS, Apache or ColdFusion MX 6.1.
flakpanzer said:
Then you will need to find a hosting company offering these servers and the ODBC drivers needed to comm with you database.

It is not difficult setting up your own server. Most linux distributions package mysql and apache along with the OS.

jman21 said:
I want to build a few websites, but I am looking for someone with experience building database or mysql websites. I have a few people that would invest and I have some ideas. So if you live in Los Angeles, California or in the area reply. Does anyone know of another way I can find people that do this in my area?
In terms of finding someone in your area (I live in San Diego), monster.com (along with many other internet job finding websites) can help you look for someone to set up and maintain your websites. (remember the beauty of the internet is that you do not need to find someone who lives in SOCAL.)

I happen to know a few people in Temecula who might be able to help you. If you want, you can send me a private message.