Does any one know

Tystrasza

IS there a way to see files saved around a certain time frame? LIke if i cant find a file i can look somewhere where files were made or saved around 4-5pm

Because my gf was doing some word document and saved it a few times when she first started it, an those saved but when she was done an saved it, I cant find the finished product.

Kind of hard to explain i dont really know myself but im trying to retrieve it.

PC eye

banned
If you right click on a file usually it will specify time and date when you click on the properties. If you know the name of the file as well as the format like rich text(RTF) you simply run a search for all files with that file extension on it. That will show all locations.

Tystrasza

Wrote a draft, and then they went back to the draft and decided to change all the awnsers. An then they saved it 3 times to make sure it saved and then went back and then the only files saved under the name were the orgininal draft version. Its as if the draft version saved over the final version somehow, or the final version never saved over the draft version.

I am just trying to help the best I can because I am soo lost and dontknow what to do.

Bronson7

Not positive, but did you go to start/documents and see if it was listed there?
Might be, unless someone cleared it.
Bronson7

PC eye

banned
When you use the save option on any type of file editor or word processor like WordPad Windows will prompt you before overwriting an existing file. The repeat saves would have simply overwritten the proceeding one unless a different save location was selected.

Tystrasza

I just gave up, took them 3 hours to do the research an write it down an that was only half of it so now they gotta do it over because they were dumb in didnt write a copy on paper, so 6+ hours to go for them on the research paper :) All i could find was the first one they saved, its like the final version never even saved in the first place eventhough they hit save like 5 times.

Thanks for every ones help though. I also have a problem in the Internet forum on lag spikes if any one can help me with that cuz it sux:(

PC eye

banned
At least they wouldn't have to totally start from scratch if you can print out the original there. All that would have to be done is the needed corrections. When you save a file and want to keep an original as well simply either change one character or add a 1 or A to the end if not revision #1, revision #2 and .....

PC eye

banned
Another thought was to look under any other accounts if any that were set up. The one or more may have saved under a different user name's MyDocuments. I wouldn't worry too much not however if it's past the due date. You most likely will find it when you're not looking for it. That always seems to be the case.