Does brand name matter?

mkl

Hi I'm new here
I just got in university and looking for a laptop. I've never had a laptop before so no experience in buying them. So after looking online for a while i realized that there are some lesser-known brand name laptops for a much lower price than the bigger brands, which have the same (or almost) specs. Any advice on the reliabilities of these no-name (relatively) laptops e.g. chembook, twinhead, ibuypower and sager? Any advice would be great, thanx.

Last edited:

Fankango

if the specs are the same or almost the same then i would check in to the it but just all angle because there might be a loop. But also big brands get big from have good products.

Watzzupp

If u want a stable computer that will keep running without any problems i would chose a brand name like Dell or IBM or HP or somthing like dat.
Also you might want to consider if the laptop comes with a warrenty coz 50 % of my friends who hav one anyways hav a problem with batteries, power pack or screen in which replacments can be very pricey or non-existant

Good Luck

smitherz

deffinately with a laptop you will need to get a suitable name. There always seems to be problems with them, so a good make and long warranty.

smitherz

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you're not comfortable servicing your own lappy then odds are you'll want to fork out soem money for the more brandname ones :)