Does brand of HDMI cable matter?

nffc10

Do the 'expensive' branded HDMI cables (e.g. Belkin) produce better image quality than cheap HDMI cables?

I've searched around Google and the general feeling is that there is no difference in image quality what so ever and that your just paying for the name. However the reason i'm asking is because i would like someone who has used both cheap and expensive cables to answer if possible.

I'm looking to buy a HDMI cable for my tv.

Cheers Guys.;)

Narzinor

you're paying the extra money for a better made, higher quality material cable :) you still get HDMI quality video, but you might have to replace the cable in less time and have more connection and or cable quality problems.
if you get a $50us quality cable, you get metal connectors with woven padding and all that on the inside of the cable sleeve. the $10 cable is just cable in a sleeve, plastic connectors and no warranty or anything like that.
hope that clears it up. :)

kitkitsune

there was an article in popular science a few months ago on this subject...they concluded that there is really no discernible difference in quality from a cheap generic unbranded HDMI cable over an expensive one from say, Monster cables, it boils down to basically, its a digital signal, you either get it or you dont....on a recent trip to best buy imagine their confusion when i told them i wanted a generic HDMI cable after they tried to sell me the 100 dollar cable from monster (not saying monster isn't a good brand, in fact its one of my favorites, but in the case of HDMI, no brand does not make a difference)