Does the xtrememusic card have a digital ouput?

boco

also what kind? optical or coxial? i need a lead that about 8 meters in length to connect to my sound system.
Also which output of the card does it go in?
will it be possible to get sound from both my desktop speakers and my sound system at the same time if theyre plugged in? Like if i wanna switch between the two i wont have to take one of them out each time?

Impulse666

just standard 3.5mm or 1/8" for each channel on the xtrememusic. but if you pay an extra $25USD you can get the X-Fi Fatal1ty which is basically the XtremeMusic with an extra board that goes in a 5.25" drive bay. It has coax in/out, optical in/out, and midi in/out.

And you can get a simple splitter that doubles the signal and you can have two sets of speakers playing at the same time, or swap between them. just turn one off and the other one, and its already set up.

heyman421

banned
A digital output is a digital output, it bypasses all of the d/a converters and signal processors on the card, so there's really no use paying $100+ for a card if you're planning on using the digital output. Even the onboard would be fine.

Also realize that using the digital output on a soundcard will NOT recreate surround sound in games. That's a function of the soundcard, which is bypassed when using the digital output.