Does this info seem accurate?

Conversation with galaxytech about RMA replacement for gtx580.

me - Haha, yea i worked an entire summer just to buy that freaking card. So if they cant find an exact replacement do you think they will offer a 670 as an upgrade, or something else?

him - I actually put a lot of research into RMA upgrades, taking into account features, form factor, benchmarks from reviews and all sorts of stuff, and believe it or not a GTX 660 GC is closest step up according to the results I have. The jump from 500 series to 600 series was massive in terms of performance. Our GTX 660 GC is an aggressively overclocked custom card, and based on our tests it performs about 5% faster than a stock 580 in newer DirectX11 games and benches. It also adds 4 display support, Adaptive Vsync, and GPU Boost, has 512mb more memory, takes 100W less power, and runs 10dB quieter under load. I’ve played on both cards in the same machine, and I can say from personal experience that the 660 performed about the same in terms of overall fps but ran smoother and was noticeably quieter. I know if I had one I’d pick up another of the 660 GC’s that we’re clearing out at TigerDirect right now for $179 and make a sick SLI rig out of the deal that would outrun anything but a 780.

That’s putting the cart before the horse though, we’ll have to wait and see if they are indeed able to get the exact replacement.

me - Hmmm, ive been doing some reading too. As far as i can tell, the 660 is slightly slower, and the 670 is slightly fast, so ill probably try to argue with the rma guy a little ;). Hopefully i just get a replacement and it wont matter haha. Anyway ill leave you alone now. Thanks for all the help, you rock.

him - A regular 660 is, yes, but the 660 GC is 5.6% faster on average than a reference 660. When I tested it was exactly 6.4% faster than the 580 according to 3dmark. 580 and 660 trade blows depending on the game, but once the overclock is taken into account it leans in favor of the 660 from what I can tell. Also the extra ram can come in handy for newer games, especially BF3 and BF4. But yes, we should probably wait and see what happens. They confirmed your RMA# and everything was sent out about an hour ago so you should be all set to get the process rolling on your end.

What do you guys think?