Does this part ist have good value

Pupp

That's pretty good. I did suggest a Gigabyte motherboard for Thunderbolt 3 support, but after digging, I found out that the motherboard you listed supports Thunderbolt 3, and MSI does make an expansion card for it..

It looks like a solid build. Only suggestion I have is to get an ultra quiet PSU and quiet case fans.

Thunderbolt 3 is the ultimate in expansion ports. That being said, a mother with Thunderbolt 3 support will have it baked into the motherboard, so you won't be able to upgrade to Thunderbolt 4 unless MSI does it as a software ugprade. (Which Apple is doing for some of its most current computers.) That being said, about the only real difference is an upgrade to 8k monitor support, and the ability to use a Thunderbolt 4 hub, instead of daisy chaining everything.

Stuff you can do with Thunderbolt 3 or 4:

Get a Thunderbolt Dock

Get a nice external RAID

Expand your PCIe slots by three. (One PCIe x 16, Two PCIe x4) -Cannot support a video card though. Double check to make sure any PCIe card is Thunderbolt compatible. Most are, but check with a manufacturer first.
Get an external GPU - only laptops or all-in-one systems need apply.

That pretty much sums it up. There are all sorts of other Thunderbolt peripherals, but those 3 are the biggies.

Last edited: