Does this sound like a good System?

LullabyLuna

New Member
I am a first time builder and I have been researching parts I think i have the parts list that I'm happy with but i wanted to see what the experts have to say.

intel Quad 2 core processor ( one step under the intel extreame) ( right name??)

nVidia Nforce 780i SLI mother board

nVidia GeForce 8800 gtx video card

750 watt PSU

4gb XMS DDR2 800 memory kit

seagate 1tb Harddrive

some sort of sound card. any suggestions?

26" sony bravia 1080i computer monitor/tv

Antec 1200 case

logitech surround sound speakers 1000watt

I know some of these things dont have correct or whole names and im sorry bare with me.

I'm trying to keep it below $3300 for the moment. I mean heck i can upgrade any time but is this ok starting off with?
 
if you'll tri-SLi, i suggest using 8800GT's instead of the GTX's. they're cheaper and almost the same in performance. i'm not sure about the 9 series cards that'll be around the same price of that.
 
9800GTX

By the way, I don't think 8800GT can run tri-SLi, correct me if I am wrong.
And if you plan to run tri-SLi, should get 1000W PSU.
 
well i had 9800gtx written down but they are bigger cards and are hard to fit into some cases. I know about the gtx 280 but they are really really expensive if i'm going to spend that money i better have a job as an animator. I want to keep it good and simple. but high performance. as you can see I have tried not to cut corners and get the best i can. I have desided that if the 9800 gtx can fit into the antec 1200 case i will get it and take that money out of what i would have bought for speakers. >_< I love collage savings
 
as for the 1000watt PSU I cant really afford that at the moment or need it. Like i said before i am just starting out. one graphics card to begin with I was planning on upgrading when i got the money for another card. plus even when i have two graphics cards a 750watt pc power and cooling silencer should work just fine. In a perfect world i would get a 1000 watt psu right off the bat but nothing about the world is perfect except mother earths original design
 
as for the 1000watt PSU I cant really afford that at the moment or need it. Like i said before i am just starting out. one graphics card to begin with I was planning on upgrading when i got the money for another card. plus even when i have two graphics cards a 750watt pc power and cooling silencer should work just fine. In a perfect world i would get a 1000 watt psu right off the bat but nothing about the world is perfect except mother earths original design

I suggest 1000W if you plan to tri-SLi. If you running SLi, PC&C 750W should be fine.
 
Back
Top