does this sound nice or not?

Radical_ed

how does this all look to you guys? any suggestions or replacements?

case: RAIDMAX Black Aluminum Gaming Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "668WBP" -RETAIL

cd rom: Aopen 16X Double Layer DVD+/- RW Black Burner, Model DUW1608, OEM

hard drive: Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD1200JD, OEM Drive Only

monitor: ViewSonic E90B 19" CRT Monitor -RETAIL

mother board: BIOSTAR "M7NCG 400" nForce2 IGP Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL

processor: AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2600+, 266 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor,45 Watt - OEM

speakers: Creative Inspire T3000 2.1 Speakers -RETAIL

Graphics card: ATI AIW RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/CATV/VIVO, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO" -RETAIL

i dont know if i got everything, im doing this as mostly, a experiment, to see if i can lol, this would all cost 620.32 bfore tax and 662.99 after shipping

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
case: RAIDMAX Black Aluminum Gaming Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "668WBP" -RETAIL
Good for normal useage I guess but if you intend to do anything serious with the system, a new PSU is something you might consider

cd rom: Aopen 16X Double Layer DVD+/- RW Black Burner, Model DUW1608, OEM
I'd avoid AOpen almost like the plague.

mother board: BIOSTAR "M7NCG 400" nForce2 IGP Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL
How much are you paying for this? (i.e., a more solid board like the ASUS A7N8X's are available for not that much now)

Graphics card: ATI AIW RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/CATV/VIVO, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO" -RETAIL
Do you need the specific features of the AIW? If so, have you considered a two card setup? (would be cheaper I think)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but i dont even know where to begin with the 2card setup, i heard about it tho
You can buy a dedicated gaming card and put that in your AGP slot. And then buy a TV Tuner and put that in a PCI slot. The difference here is that :
1. To keep the TV capability you're not tied to your current video card
2. The AIW is overcharged so even if you buy 9800Pro+ATI TV Wonder, you still save
3. You can get a better card than the 9800Pro and still have TV

Radical_ed

all i really want to do is make a gaming pc where i dont have to rum medium detail, i want high detail no lag, and plenty of pixels, and fast fps

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
get a AMD and get the best specs you can buy eg graphics card harddrive cpu memory etc
Would help if you gave uh ... some... useful details with that