Does Vista's DVD maker usually take soooo long??

aaron_simo

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if on vista premiums DVD maker, does a normal film size take sooo long to burn and decode, its been around 2 hours and only 40.9% done. It cant be my system or memory so what do you guys think it could be?:confused:
Thanks in advance:)

heyman421

banned
depending on the encoding of the original file, transcoding can be a VERY long process

encoding to mpeg-2 is a waste, anyways.

The file you're converting was probably in some sort of mpeg-4 to begin with, which is a much better compression. You're basically just wasting a ton of time converting back into a dinosaur format.

aaron_simo

the video was in mpeg2 already which i converted before, so is that why its taking so long, and would it been better to use another video type?. I was hoping it would be good enough to play on the ps3 when transfered

heyman421

banned
Are you sure it was in mpeg2?

mpeg2 to mpeg2 transcoding should take like 30-45 minutes for an entire DISC.

And that's on my ancient p4 3.6

heyman421

banned
i have no idea what you're trying to accomplish

what resolution is the video in?

Cause anything HD that would play in the ps3 is in h264 and not mpeg2

aaron_simo

im not sure about the resolution but what i did it for was because the PS3 isnt compatible with AVI and so i converted it to mpeg2 which i am now trying to burn to dvd. as you can see my knowlage on this part isnt very good:(

aaron_simo

instead of using the DVD maker, im just going to copy the video onto the disc because its easier until i find out more about the compatability.
Thanks for your help