Domain link to local website

Status
Not open for further replies.

brycematheson712

Okay, so let's say, only hypothetically, that my grades aren't the best. :) My parents are able to get onto a website called 'Powerschool' (some of you may be familiar with it) that is directly linked to the grade books on my teacher's computers.

I found that I can copy and paste the source code from this page, paste it into my own HTML document, and then manipulate the data in the tables...such as my GPA, individual grades, and whether or not I was tardy, absent, etc.

Of course, this doesn't do me any good, because I can't host this edited page on the schools' web server. However, I can obviously host this on my parents' home computer.

My question is, can I put this edited HTML file on their computer and then when they type 'www.powerschool.com' in their web browser, it will take them to this website (which is actually hosted on their computer) which they 'think' is really the correct one? I'm not allowed to do anything this weekend unless I get my grades up and obviously...it's not going to happen in only 2 days. Ha.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

brian

VIP Member
Bad idea.

Just work on your grades. Talk to your parents about ways of improving them.

But we will not help you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.