Domain names

mollycat

Hi

I am setting up my own website and would like some advise as to where to get the best domain name . which would get my site easily found on search engines.
All and any advise would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Mollycat

bmtt

Where you register your domain has nothing to do with how you get it into search engines, unless your domain registrar offers you free seo tools such as GoogleAdwords.
In regards to which company to choose, that is up to you. Which country do you live in?

mollycat

Hi

Thanks for the reply I live in Greece at the moment.but sometimes in the UK I want to know the best place to get a good domain name and then how to get it advertised

Thanks for your time

Mollycat

Aleksandar030

Godaddy often provides promo codes that let you register domains for $1 a piece. This is only for the first year of course, but I suggest that you use google to find more $1 domain promo codes and get them as cheap as possible.

Actually, a domain name does matter when it comes to search engines, but the service provider doesn't.

In other words, it's important that you register/buy a keyword rich domain name, but it does not matter where you do that (godaddy, moniker, network solutions, dynadot etc.).

sbarrow47

Get a domain name with your keywords, that helps alot.
As far as advertising there's not just one right way to go about it. Pay per click ads, banners/cpm ads, search engine optimization, etc etc it all depends on your business model.

Silvia

Godaddy is a good host or any one that suits you. I would also suggest you to firstly try looking for a good keyword. And try to use your keyword as your domain name. It will be helpful in future for getting traffic and even sales.