Don't go to Milwaukee PC

jllipke

for those of you that live in the Wisconsin area. Never go to Milwaukee PC. Why? I had a friend that had a computer, and he took it in to get it fixed at Milwaukee PC. They said the Motherboard was fried. They wanted $300 for it, and he didn't have the money for it. Then he finally just gave it to me.( He was sick of it and he had a new one) a month later, I tested it out, and it worked Great! Just had a couple faulty settings. Milwaukee PC almost screwed him.

Mattu

I don't know if they still do, but Best Buy used to be bad for stuff like that too along with CompUSA.

ScottALot

Hey There! Do you like computers?
Well... sure!
Are you well-educated?
Well, I spend a lot of time on the computer playing video games, so I'm very proficient with technology.
Why don't you get a job working computer repair?
Sure! That's a great idea!

Ugh... those computer repair types make me SICK. I almost joined up with the Geek Squad (I needed a job), but they didn't hire me once they heard I had actual computer knowledge. Seriously, I saw the lights go out in their eyes when I started talking about my knowledge of hardware, troubleshooting, and some programming. It's like they fear knowledge.

jonnyp11

Hey There! Do you like computers?
Well... sure!
Are you well-educated?
Well, I spend a lot of time on the computer playing video games, so I'm very proficient with technology.
Why don't you get a job working computer repair?
Sure! That's a great idea!

Ugh... those computer repair types make me SICK. I almost joined up with the Geek Squad (I needed a job), but they didn't hire me once they heard I had actual computer knowledge. Seriously, I saw the lights go out in their eyes when I started talking about my knowledge of hardware, troubleshooting, and some programming. It's like they fear knowledge.

No, they fear you telling them the real problem which can be solved in like 2 secs instead of charging them 300 to replace the crappy oem mobo with a probably crappier 20 buck one or something, if they even change it out, instead of correcting the real problem and claiming they replaced the mobo.

salvage-this

I have been trying to get a job in the PC repair business but I draw the line at Geek Squad. No way I would go work there.

jllipke

No, they fear you telling them the real problem which can be solved in like 2 secs instead of charging them 300 to replace the crappy oem mobo with a probably crappier 20 buck one or something, if they even change it out, instead of correcting the real problem and claiming they replaced the mobo.

So so True:D

Machin3

I don't know if they still do, but Best Buy used to be bad for stuff like that too along with CompUSA.

Yeah Geek Squad is best buy and Compusa and Tiger Direct both have their own. Both are a complete failure and money stealing problem. Back when I built my pc for the first time ever, i took it into tigerdirect and they wanted to charge me $65 to place a heatsink backplate insulator that i forgot to install. Yeah right im gonna pay $65

ScottALot

Yeah, so I can't figure out how to get this virus off my computer, it's been driving me nuts..

So... the motherboard needs to be replaced?

No...

Okay, but we have to charge you $300 for the motherboard

But... it's not the motherboard.

jonnyp11

Yeah, so I can't figure out how to get this virus off my computer, it's been driving me nuts..

So... the motherboard needs to be replaced?

No...

Okay, but we have to charge you $300 for the motherboard

But... it's not the motherboard.

But that's what my computer is telling me

But it's not

Now that i think about it, it seems to say that alot, but it's still going to cost 300 to replace the motherboard.

(next day support person is fired for catching on)

Perkomate

for all your bagging out, it still would have fixed the problem. that's the only thing a lot of people care about, is that it's fixed. sure it's completely ripping them off, but hey, they can afford it.
doesn't mean i'm agreeing with them or that it's right.

Perkomate

for all your bagging out, it still would have fixed the problem. that's the only thing a lot of people care about, is that it's fixed. sure it's completely ripping them off, but hey, they can afford it.
doesn't mean i'm agreeing with them or that it's right.

jllipke

Even if you know NOTHING about computers in general you should at least come to well in this case computerforum and ask one of us before even trying to communicate with those gurus