Don't know if right place

warren5421

I have a family that has a 14 year old that is saving his money for a laptop computer. He is looking at new laptops around $400 16-32 ga min and 258 min SSD. He wants to beable to play some games on it. I have run Mac's for the last 10 years so don't know if what he wants is within his dream. He is one of 5 kids 2years old to 14, they live with a great grandma and an uncle who's income is only SS. The mom just turned 30 this year and is in and out of their lives. The kid is cleaning horse stalls working hard for the money he is saving. Is there a good brand of laptop that could meet his wants???

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Depending om what games he wants to play. $400 budget for a laptop won't get you much anymore.

beers

Staff member
At a $400 target you're honestly better off going the console route and would need significantly more budget to approach the same graphical capabilities.

Otherwise you could get something that's 'productivitily' alright for browsing and school but will be hampered by the integrated graphics, which are super slow in comparison.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I can't even think of a laptop on top of my head that comes with 16gb at the $400 price mark. Most of those are in the $800+ budget.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Like said you would be better off getting him a gaming console and look for a cheap laptop or tablet for other proposes.