dont know what i want to do

robina_80

hi guys,

i dont know what i want to do with my life im 24 studyed IT at college and got GNVQ IT, AVCE IT AND half of HND IT atm im unemployed 24 and im signed on.

my computer knowledge is better than the average and thats all i would class it as, ive build 2 computers myself installed wireless networks for friends and family, installed and configured outlook, but i question myself because at my last job i got sacked because i didnt know enougth and they expected more of me and they werent gonna provide me with no training so thats why im having 2nd thoughts about going into IT also my colleauges said i was really rubish at trouble shooting problems but that was my first IT job so yeah i agree with them on that on, i just dont know what to do.

dug987654

Have you considered uni - part time or full time? Computer Science or something similar. Your thing on the right under your name says you live in London. There's loads of uni's there so you don't need to move.

You would count as a 'mature student' so would get a shed load of grants and stuff from the government and the uni.

Thats if you want to stay in IT. You've also got to ask yourself (and I'm not tyring to be harsh here), is IT the thing for you? It is very logical, rules etc. Maybe you are more of a creative person?

Take a look into uni's and sponsorship from companies perhaps...

Hope that helps, Doug.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I don't really know what all those certifications mean but I'd say to go college and maybe get a more generic degree (if you don't want to stay with IT).

HumanMage

well if I were you, I'd try and find some job that gives you a pay check that you can live on. In these current times and circumstances any job is a plus. Perhaps you should take time and "soul search" to see what you REALLY want to do. If it is IT then reach for the stars (you have a solid base in it already) but if it isn't so what..you need to do whats best for you, not forcing something that won't work.