Don't know what to do?

Kornowski

VIP Member
As some of you may have experienced in the past I've been having on-going problems with my sig rig and BSOD's.

I had a Gigabyte 965P-S3 with an E6300 and I had reoccuring BSODs with that, so much so that I thought the MOBO was dead and I decided to upgrade. So I ended up with my sig rig (minus one 8800).

I had it running a while and then I started to get random BSODs. So I re-installed Vista and thought the problem had gone, but it hadn't. So I re-installed again, and it still hadn't gone. I then tried using all the most up-to-date drivers, but that didn't help anything. I have tried updating my BIOS, but that didn't fix it either. Running with one 8800 didn't help anything out... I've ran Memtest more times than I can remember, at least 20 passes on each stick and it came out with no errors. Though I am sceptical, because they're the newer single sided Ballistix which aren't supposed to be any good.

They seem to come and go, I'll go a few months and not get a single BSOD, then all of a sudden, I'll get a few, or just the one. It's totally odd. I've had a few different ones, 0A, C5 and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Which to me suggests bad RAM?

I've heard people say that nVidia chipsets don't like having 4 sticks of RAM running?

The majority of them only seem to happen with Vista is booting, too. So I don't know what that could be.

Thanks for any help! :)

funkysnair

VIP Member
Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I really think the RAM is the problem. I'd hate to buy some new stuff and still get BSOD's though.

I'm not going to buy your PC though! :p Good luck with it though man!

Interested

wow, i haven't been here in a looong time but i remember you having problems, kornowski. to be honest, i think it's your motherboard. From my experience (working with a friends EVGA 790i), nvidia chipsets are CRAP and are unstable, especially the 7 series.