Dont know what to title this, question about sound :p

hayleycakes

Not sure where to ask this maybe someone here can help me. So I have my TV hooked up to my computer, and a 2nd monitor on the side. When I watch stuff on the TV I use the TV sound speakers or wireless headphones that are plugged into the TV. But when I want to watch something on the other screen I have to plug speakers into the computer. Then when I switch it back to the TV I have to unplug the speakers, or the sound wont come back through my TV or headphones it will just stay on the speakers.

Anyway my question is, is there any way I can disable the speakers through the computer when I'm done using them instead of constantly having to unplug and plug them back in? It's a huge pain to go behind the computer all the time. Maybe some kind of program that can just like disable the speaker outlet (the green plug) so the sound will come back to my headphones/TV, and then enable it when I want to use the speakers. And I can just leave the speakers plugged in all the time. That would be awesome and much easier.

Hope that made sense :p Thanks!

C4C

Right click on the speaker in your taskbar, and click on playback devices. One device will be set as "default" but you can always switch this between another.

That being said, it takes some time :p

hayleycakes

Thanks! It worked. I went to audio devices and I can disable the speakers through there which sends it back to my TV sound. Any way of like making a hotkey or something to do this? Like press F12 and it will disable the speakers and press it again to enable? That would be awesome :p This is still way easier then unplugging the speakers either way!

hayleycakes

I want something similar for my screens do you know of anything for that? Where I can press another button to switch between "Show desktop only on 1" and "show desktop only on 2" for when I switch screens? Instead of going through the display settings everytime. That would be helpful

C4C

on a laptop there's the projector key under a FN + F__ combo...

I believe windows key + p works as well..

hayleycakes

on a laptop there's the projector key under a FN + F__ combo...

I believe windows key + p works as well..

That's perfect! This actually automatically enables the other speakers when I switch to screen 2, and then back to TV sound when I goto screen 1. So both of what I need gets done at once. You're awesome :) Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: C4C

C4C

That's perfect! This actually automatically enables the other speakers when I switch to screen 2, and then back to TV sound when I goto screen 1. So both of what I need gets done at once. You're awesome :) Thanks for all the help!

No problem. Glad I could help :)