Doom 3 is doomed

calvinius

finally got round to playing doom 3 or so i thought
game installed fine
after clicking on the start icon the first picture appears and then the goddam computer hangs
any ideas guys
ive downloaded latest drivers from ati and have direct x 9c installed
other games work fine its just this bag of spuds

calvinius

i did the problem still occured
i've just narrowed it down to my dvd copier
i plugged in an old cd-rom drive and it worked
i downloaded new firmware for dvd drive but still no luck

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
why doom half life is soooooooooo much better!!!!!!!!
1. Let's try and HELP rather than hijack threads
2. Just because you like HL2 more doesnt mean the rest of us do.

i've just narrowed it down to my dvd copier
i plugged in an old cd-rom drive and it worked
i downloaded new firmware for dvd drive but still no luck
Damn nice job. Try an ASPI updaye to see if the DVD will work

ASPI, Advanced SCSI Programming Interface, is the source of enough problems with anything even remotely related to an optical drive. Note that Windows2000 and WindowsXP do NOT come with ASPI installed and many users, just starting to do more than basic activities with their drives are encountering problems left and right. ASPI is one of the simplest things to check for -- it just takes one reboot. For more information regarding ASPI see http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm . IMPORTANT: when checking the version numbers, all four the version numbers have to match identically otherwise the ASPI is not installed correctly/completely regardless of whatever the checker says (this is especially true for Nero's InfoTools which only checks for the presence of the files rather than matching version numbers).

calvinius

downloaded and installed the atpi drivers
the four drivers dont match
they were supposed to update to 4.71.2
two are that version two are version 4.6
this is doing my head in :confused:
any more suggestions

oh yer hl2 is good but seen as you dont need the dvd in the drive to play it ive had no problemos with it only games that require the disc in

my old comp which was running win xp home had no problems its just this new comp with win xp pro on