DOOM III News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It went gold Jul 14 approx 2300h EST :) (you can tell ive been watching in anticipation heehee) A solid game for sure although I hope they've worked out some of the performance kinks in the later levels (especially the 'reactor' level where my framerate went from a playable 20fps to a disasterous -8fps .... im eternally grateful for godmode :p) ... you wont be dissapointed! :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Praetor, would ATI 9600XT be enough to run this?
Yes but I would guess you would be looking at a cap of 1024x768 with medium settings for playable because honestly, thr 9600XT, while superior to my Ti4600, is not massively superior (i.e., say the difference between the 9800 and the 9200 or something like that). My cap is 800x600 on medium so i think the estimate to 1024x768 is a fair one. By playable I mean in the ballpark of 30fps

72montecarlo
A decent appraisal although I think they shaft the GeForceFX line a little too harshly. Anything on par or better than the GFX5800 should be able to handle itself nicely. (hell the 5950U i swap in from time to time is more than good enough for me)

:)

EPeDeMiK

Well, I meant to call you an asshole in the best possible way, it was more of a compliment. But seriously, other than the fact that you are special, how in the hell did you get to play it? I must know!

Christopher

VIP Member
He really is, you see, sometimes companies accidentally leak stuff out and if you know where to look, you can get it.

(Of course, those links provided are used to search for purely legal material. :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Considering how long ive had it for, nobody else around me really had a hardware platform capable of launching the game. Dont forget this was 2 years ago and the people around me are university students.

Viper_86

banned
Praetor said:
I'm not a fanboy.
he thinks every1 who likes the obviously better card (ATI radeon X800 XT) is a fan boy

even tho the xt aint out yet as far as i know but the x800 pro is which still kicks ass! :cool:

Last edited:

Viper_86

banned
man this game looks freakin tight!!! i cant wait to play it when i get my new computer...unless it will run on these specs...

soyo dragon lite (not sure of model but its like 2-3 yrs old)
512 mb of ram
radeon 9800 pro
amd athalon 1.53 GHz (i no..ouch!)
7 gig free on hd

or even this one

dell dimension 8250---
not sure of mobo..wutever this model comes with
256 mb of RAM :(
radeon 9700
p4 2.4 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.