double monitors, bad idea?

lovely?

i just aquired my second monitor and i want to know if thats a bad idea, if all i use it for is to keep open windows like wmp whilst i'm surfing the web on my second monitor...

robina_80

well its too late now isnt it youve already ordered it, i wouldnt get 2 monitors no point waist of money sell one and get something usefull with your money

lovely?

no, i didn't explain enough.... it's a little one that i scrappeed from an old broken computewr. it was completely free and i already have it

MadModder

Nothing is a waste of money if you have a use for it. Go for it, I have two 17" LCDs and I love it. I can monitor temps and see who comes into my Ventrilo server while I play a fullscreen game.

lovely?

oh and by the way, this has nothing to do with the monitors, but is it ok if my video card hits 59.C when stressed??? or do i need another fan???

bball4life

lovely? said:
oh and by the way, this has nothing to do with the monitors, but is it ok if my video card hits 59.C when stressed??? or do i need another fan???
Its a little high, you would probably be on the safer side with extra cooling but normally the threshold for gpus is pretty high, well above 59

new vega

ur fine

start worring when it gets to about 80 or 90. they say that vid cards can reach about 110 give or take. higher than that and u got issues

bball4life

new vega said:
start worring when it gets to about 80 or 90. they say that vid cards can reach about 110 give or take. higher than that and u got issues
Ya gpu's handle the heat a lot better then cpu's. If it was your cpu I would be worried, but ya around high 70's then you should probably do something.

m0nk3ys1ms

lovely? said:

59C is a great load temp for a card. That's what my 7600GS idles at, lol.:D

lovely?

it's funny that i was worrying about my temp. come to think of it, it is pretty cold for a gpu stressed on f.e.a.r. on near max :)

bball4life

lovely? said:
it's funny that i was worrying about my temp. come to think of it, it is pretty cold for a gpu stressed on f.e.a.r. on near max :)
Ya that is well within the limits of a gpu, normally a gpu's threshold is closer to 100c.