Downclocking or nothing

agashka

Hey folks , ive got a problem (again...) I got a 3ghz CPU , but my pc wont boot at 3ghz clock. I got to downgrade it to 2.5ghz or nothing appear after POST Message.It's the first time it happend to me , and i cant fix the problem , at 3ghz the temp is 50C so i dont think thats the problem...

For your informations , ive got a Asus P8P800-E Deluxe and that 3ghz CPU from intel.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Is that 3Ghz intel CPU a prescott, if it is then it may have compatibility issues with your board or your borads BIOS version, check out the ASUS site for letest BIOS update or patch......

*EDIT* - ive been looking on the ASUS website and the P8P800-E deluxe doesnt seem to exist the P4P800-E Deluxe does though,.......???

Last edited:

agashka

Hum well , what the... a suddent compatibility issue that happend just like that?
I dont remember if i bought prescott , but im remember people saying me that prescott is $hit and yeah i maded a mistakes , it's a P4P800-E Deluxe :/
Hum also , last time i flashed my bios to the newest version , i hade some problem with my computer so i went back to the stock one

agashka

A little more information:
my pc is running at 170 x 15 and when i attempt to 'overlock' it to 180 it crash after Welcom screen.Might it be my power supply?

"1.344 for Vcore
the 3.3v thing: 2.816
5v: 4.730
12: 11.248

i thing my PSU is crap...

ceewi1

VIP Member
Those voltages are far too low, what are you using to measure them? If they're accurate, you definitely need a new power supply.

agashka

i saw that information in my bios... well , i dont really have money for a powersupply , it gotta wait...

ceewi1

VIP Member
That's up to you of course, but I doubt your computer will be stable if those voltages are accurate. If you can get a cheap digital multimeter, it may be worth taking more accurate readings.

The 3.3V rail is of particular concern. Unplug the connection to the motherboard and look for any obvious damage on the plug (e.g. burnt pins).

ceewi1

VIP Member
Yeh, check the larger 20/24 pin one. Often when the 3.3V rail is this low it's accompanied by physical damage to the connection, usually burnt pins. If it looks fine, you've lost nothing, but if it's damaged you know what your problem is!

MIK3daG33K

I had a P4 3.2E on a P4P800-E and i had no problems so the compatibility should be fine cause thats all you need is a 865 chipset for prescotts but the voltage does look really low.