downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7??

salvage-this

Just to try, disconnect any device that is not essential for the system to run. Boot it with just the USB you have Windows on and the internal drive installed.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check your bios and make sure the sata controller mode isn't set to raid instead of AHCI. The install won't detect drives if they are in raid mode without installing the raid driver.

sncomputer

any help??
i got new hdd 1tb . but in in installation mode i am only getting 60gb .i think because there was option ctrl+I enter to raid setting i could nt change anything other then making it 60 gb. also i could see the new hdd in that setup.
right now i can install the window 7 on 60 gb hdd but after installation on start up it says no bootabke found ,install operating sys.

what should i do?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I can't explain why you are getting 60gb. It won't automatically create a partition that size without you entering the info for it. Is it possible that there is a 60 gb ssd drive in it? What exact model of envy 4 do you have? Look on the bottom of it for a sticker with a model number listed.

sncomputer

Well, I can't explain why you are getting 60gb. It won't automatically create a partition that size without you entering the info for it. Is it possible that there is a 60 gb ssd drive in it? What exact model of envy 4 do you have? Look on the bottom of it for a sticker with a model number listed.

hey i fixed this . i reseted hdd port or something i could get in raid setting.i set it to non raid and also ssd to non raid that why i could see both now install windows 7 ultimate and working fine after downloading all drivers :)
thanks for help