Download Limit

Kornowski

VIP Member
buy???? F that m8, talk to you're dad i bet if you call that company and tell them that you want to open an account theyll rent you their router and receivers.

Yeah, we'd have to get new ones, the ones we have wouldn't work with a different provider, you have to buy them off them :(

I don't think he'll change Shane, I'll see tomorrow though.

XanderCage

Yeah, we'd have to get new ones, the ones we have wouldn't work with a different provider, you have to buy them off them :(

I don't think he'll change Shane, I'll see tomorrow though.

well, just pitch in for the routers and receivers after all you're the one that want's it ='>

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I could do, but it'd benefit the whole family, but yeah, I guess I could contribute, it won't be too hard :)

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I just saw on the Verizon Central notices page that they've altered my DSL Terms of Service on 14 June 2007 as follows:

Before:
3.7.1 You may not resell the Broadband Service, use it for high volume purposes, or exceed the bandwidth usage limitations that Verizon may establish from time to time for the Service.

After:
"Prohibition on Exceeding Applicable Bandwidth Usage Limitations: We have revised Section 3.7.1 to clarify that Verizon reserves the right to limit or restrict bandwidth usage or take other action to enforce usage limitations we may establish from time to time for the Service."

Now, to find out what those limits are, and the definition of "high volume"...

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
They might not tell you. Comcast refuses to tell their customers. They apparently reserve that right but still expect you to follow the rule.

rbxslvr

They might not tell you. Comcast refuses to tell their customers. They apparently reserve that right but still expect you to follow the rule.

I've never gone over comcast... I don't download a lot... but we have TONS of computers on one connection... my mom's work computer (uses it to process claims 40+ hours a week)... my computer (almost 24x7), my bro's (12x7-ish)... my dad when he is home from work... We use lots of internet:D:cool:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The limit is supposedly around D'ing more than 200gb. Which is a Sh1tload. I've never gone over, it was just alittle dishonest that they advertised unlimited internet and put a limit...

Kornowski

VIP Member
Still, it's better than 2GB a month, it's stupid, it's between four people aswell.

Anybody know of any good, cheap internet providers in the UK, ones that aren't bogged with people at peak times and don't cost a bomb?

nffc10

Virgin Media (ex NTL), we've got the same package as Shane and it's brilliant. As a 2gb connection, i've ran speakeasy's speedtest simultaneously (almost) on all four computers in my house and they all notched up just over 250kB/s dl, which isn't bad going for 4 computers. Also you get the added bonus of having unlimited downloads.;)

TheMajor

I remeber when we had a 1GB limit a few years ago. Now we have unlimited bandwidth. With my speed I could download 1898GiB per month.

nffc10

When you got it did you have to buy the router and everything with it, how much was it?

I'd make up the extra £3 difference, it's well worth it, especially if it comes with fiber optics...

Look at these?

Yours:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2

Mine :(

http://www.orange.co.uk/time/compareall.htm

We got the modem and everything fitted free. But we had to buy a wireless router and recievers for each computer, becuase when we first got the internet we only had my computer.
Have you had yours for longer than 18 months? If not your gonna have to stay put for a while.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I know, I just noticed that we have to stay with them for 18 months, it's ridiculous! By that time, I'll be in Uni, so it doesn't matter I guess...

Burgerbob

Im pretty sure my DSL is unlimited, when i use Azereus (purely legal purposes) to download trailers sometimes i do like 10-15GB a day. Thank god for DSL. It may not be the fastest, but i like it.

haha

wait does ur dad not want you to find out or soemthing? cuz my isp has a max of like 60 gb a month...wht u could do is call...and b like....hi my name is ___ and im looking at trying to get some internet to my house..but i download a ton..so can i hear wht kinda limits you have...and u can try to guess from around there.....haha thats wht i'd do if u don't wanna bug parents