download torrent speed suddenly cuts

allbuisness1234

hey all ive got comcast and ive been downloading quite a bit with utorrent lately. i usually cap off at 768kb/s and flatline there with one particular group of new torrents. however, i just started a new group that should have done the exact same thing but instad what happens is the overall download speed approaches that number but before it reaches it it cutts of and i dont get more than .1kb/s from any peer. i can restart the downloads but the same thing happens. the numbers go high, then slow really fast. whats going on?

Candy

Um i think you will find that the forum rules that you would have agreed to state there be no talk of the illegal downloading of torrents etc. so im afraid we wont be able to help you.

Mitch?

banned
just don't push the issue allbuisness...
if you have a question try finding a utorrent specific forum.

allbuisness1234

There is your problem. Have fun with their Sandvine bs.

yes i agree. i hate that they are messing with the seeds, and i suspect foul play on their part in this case as well. i think theyre pissed off that ive been sucking up their bandwidth lately so therue turnin goff the focet

lunchboxx

is it me or wasn't there a thread a while back that polled what kind of torrent program you use? and it was confirmed to follow the rules?

hey look! here they are, they're not against the rules.

http://www.computerforum.com/33889-best-torrent-client.html
http://www.computerforum.com/18625-best-torrent-client.html

know why there not against the rules? because they state nothing about illegal downloading and/or software, same factor when you look at this thread.

so stop bashing and learn the rules...

and for your problem, iv had it to, i also have comcast.
sometimes i get the problem then i try it later and it works perfectly fine.

also if your using ver. 1.8 beta (may happen in 1.7.*) check if theres two UTorrent process's running, this happen to me before, i shut them both down and started it again, and got my speed back.

allbuisness1234

well i reset my connection settings to not connect to so many ppl at the same time and my speeds are back up and stable. i still wish i knew what comcast did though. i still expect to see the same problem rise again in the future

thanx for sticking up for me lunchbox

JlCollins005

yes havent we had this argument we can discuss torrenting, alot of game companies use it to distribute their games and alot of software companies do it to.. so cohen and a few others why jump and post useless crap. my connection always jumps up and down even with alot of seeds. so i cant really help on this topic, but imo comcast is much better than alot of other cable providers

Candy

yes havent we had this argument we can discuss torrenting, alot of game companies use it to distribute their games and alot of software companies do it to.. so cohen and a few others why jump and post useless crap. my connection always jumps up and down even with alot of seeds. so i cant really help on this topic, but imo comcast is much better than alot of other cable providers

How is what we posted "useless crap"? Do you say to everyone that tries to stand by the rules to stop posting "useless crap"? Perhaps we were wrong in this case but I dont think that is an appropriate way to talk about what other people have said.

lunchboxx

How is what we posted "useless crap"? Do you say to everyone that tries to stand by the rules to stop posting "useless crap"? Perhaps we were wrong in this case but I dont think that is an appropriate way to talk about what other people have said.

well if you agree you're wrong then the post were useless, how are they not? plus, hes calling the post useless crap, not calling you as a person useless crap, only thing you can say is that you don't appreciate the word "crap".

arguing is over, nothing else needs to be said, other then solutions to the thread starters problem.

Candy

well if you agree you're wrong then the post were useless, how are they not? plus, hes calling the post useless crap, not calling you as a person useless crap, only thing you can say is that you don't appreciate the word "crap".

arguing is over, nothing else needs to be said, other then solutions to the thread starters problem.

For the record I never said anything about him calling ME useless crap so perhaps that part of your post was uselss...

Anyway agreed there's no point arguing so thats the last i'll be saying on the matter :)