Download video....all sound no pic?

cricket4462

All my downloaded videos movies are only playing in audio with no picture. I m useing cyberlink power dvd and media player and both are only playing sound. Are my setting wrong on morpheus when downloading video? What happened was 2 days ago I downloaded an AVI viedo movie and all played well with picture and sound . The next day I tried to convert the Avi movie to DVD and all hell broke loose with it only playing audio with no picture. I trashed the movie and downloaded it again only to see that all I get now is audio with no pic. What could be going on?

Please help.

Jon Boy

Ok your problem sounds like yo do not have the codec packs needed. Search the net for some avi codec packs. And im sure people will send lins for some aswell. After you got them you will be able to view the video.

Basicaly the codec uncompresses the video file.

cricket4462

Did somehow the avi codec drivers leave my computer because it played avi videos 2 days ago. My computer is new and had them on my computer. Maybe when I tried to convert the avi movie they where deleted?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
cricket4462 said:
Did somehow the avi codec drivers leave my computer because it played avi videos 2 days ago. My computer is new and had them on my computer. Maybe when I tried to convert the avi movie they where deleted?
It depends on how they were encoded. Some files use divx, some xvid, some use other codecs.

cricket4462

Okay,.... thanks John boy I downloaded the AVI codec packs 2 and all is well as video and sound are back again. If I only could burn Avi movies to DVD disk on my computer then I would be doing fine seems I cant find an Avi to dvd converter to work for me for burning an Avi movie to dvd.

Jon Boy

Glad I could have been of service :)

There again I believe I have the answer to your prediciment. I don't know if there is a free trial. But my PC came with Nero burning rom 6 (think 7 is out now). That is a very usefull programme. And in there you can make a DVD from .avi files, and basicaly any other major video file there is going.

Easiest way when it all installed (if you do) is select

Start

Nero

Nero Smart Start.

There you can select what medium your using e.g. DVD or CD and it gives you lots of menus.

You can access the programme many ways just that is by far the easiest and quickest to understand.

EDIT: Ohh and the name is Jon not John lol

cricket4462

Thanks again Jon Boy. (look I spelt it right this time...lol).....I think I am going to have to purchase the Nero Rom burning 6 or 7 to be able to burn Avi formatted movies. Thanks for the help and information, cricket4462

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Thought I'd try to offer another option.

It is simple to use, but Nero isn't the best to encode from avi to DVD. It's far better to use a proper encoder for the process (TMPGEnc, CCE, QuEnc [latter = free]). There are tonnes of good guides you can find to use program(s) that will produce much better results than nero.

http://www.doom9.org/conversionguides.htm
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

Those are two good starting points. In the past I have used either DVD2SVCD or The FilmMachine programs for the process, but both require the use of an external encoder.

Good luck