Downloading App that seems too big

I'm trying to download an app from the Windows app store (Win 10 and the app is free). The description of the app says it's about 20MB, but I'm already at 150 and it's still downloading. This has happened with a couple of other apps. Should I be concerned?

Not sure how to provide a link from the App Store (Windows). But one name is "PDF to JPEG" and the author is Daniyal Syed. It states that the app is about 20 MB when I logged in on my desktop. After I got to 165 MB, I cancelled because I was nervous that something else was going on. Also I just noticed that when checking on it through my laptop, the size is only 1 MB. Now I'm confused, but I don't have much experience downloading from the store, I have always used this site (Forum) for trusting a download. Any help and/or explanation would be appreciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I just downloaded just fine. Was only 1mb. Try running a system cleanup or use ccleaner. Not sure if its your pc or internet

Thanks John, I would like to run ccleaner but I saw another thread where it might be infected? Should I be concerned? Which link should I follow to download the latest? Thanks

OK, thanks. Just ran ccleaner and it seems to have taken care of the issue. I downloaded without any issues. Just curious, what could have caused the problem?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Probably just some temp files needed to be deleted. Browsers can be weird at times.