DPM 2010 Agent communication failure (network connectivity issue?)

techguy88

Hey all,
here is my problem:
We have an off-site DPM that backs up our on-site DPM. We use Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
We have DPM 2010, Rollup update installed. Agent version is 3.0.8193.0. The off-site is connected via VPN. It was backing up fine all this time. Now off-site DPM server can't communicate with on-site DPM agent (Code Error 0x8099090E).
I can RDP from off-site to on-site. I cannot RDP from on-site to off-site. I tried restarting services (DPM, Remote Desktop services etc), firewalls are off, RDP is selected less secure.
The thing is, no changes were being made, RDP worked perfectly a week ago. When RDP fails I get Remote access to the server is not enabled etc.
So i figured maybe something is wrong with the agent itself on on-site DPM and that's why off-site cannot communicate with agent (independent from why RDP doesn't work).
When I try to install the new agent version on on-site DPM I get a fatal error; DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode 0x80070643. I can bring up the log if that would help.
I did a firmware update on our SonicWall, but the same system settings were preserved, so I doubt that caused the connectivity issues here.
Can anyone help, I really don't know what else to try to get off-site DPM to communicate with on-site DPM again. Thanks all!!

buggvin

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm having basically the same issue out of the blue. The 2nd server seems to loose the primary server overnight sometime. Everything else appears to continue to function.

Thanks,
Vince